- Garage Doors
- Contact Us
1. Choose a secure garage door opener with Tri-Tran+™ anti-theft technology. The code hopping technology generates a new random code from trillions of possibilities with each use.
2. Use a Smartphone App for garage door control and get notifications every time your garage door is used, from anywhere in the world*. *Subject to cellular and WiFi connection and availability. Available as an optional extra on new Dominator garage door openers.
Featured profile: Dominator Montana
3. Make sure your garage door has an Auto Reverse Function for the protection of family, pets and property. If the garage door comes into contact with an obstruction on its downward journey it stops and reverses back up, or if it comes into contact with an obstruction on its upward journey it automatically stops. Standard on Dominator Garage Door Openers.
4. Utilise an Infra-red Safety Beam to detect movement under the garage door while it is in motion and halt the door. Available as an optional extra on Dominator Garage Door Openers.
5. Invest in Auto-Lock technology, which more than doubles the force required at the lock point to lift the door from a closed position.
6. Perform a regular garage door Health Check to spot issues before they become a problem and to keep your garage door in top shape to retain its warranty.
7. Don’t get sloppy with remotes. Never leave your keys or garage door remote in your vehicle, secure remote controls with a strong keychain. Find out which car is the favourite for thieves in NZ.
8. Get the convenience and security of a Dominator Entry Keypad that allows you to open your garage door using a pin number. Contact your local dealer to install an entry keypad.
Dominator recommends the use of Infra-red Safety Beams on all automatic garage doors. An entry keypad can provide a little peace of mind to a busy family.
9. Tidy away any tools or ladders that could be used to break in; always lock up and keep bushes trimmed so there is nowhere for thieves to hide. More tips here.
10. Always know where the kids are! Never drive into or out of a driveway or garage without first ensuring that everyone is accounted for. Remember, there’s no going back.
Protection of your family and belongings always comes first at Dominator. We strive for excellence in all of our products and we offer further protection with our 30+ strong team of dealerships and the Dominator Promise. Thinking about a new or upgraded garage door? Talk to Dominator.