Posted in: Products
Published: 27 Jun 2019
We all have a laugh over the old adage “Four seasons in one day”, but the extremes of New Zealand’s weather conditions do give our homes a hard time. It’s essential to choose quality products that perform a job while looking good and lasting the distance. Dominator products protect your home for the long term and are backed by solid warranties. So what does make Dominator so tough?
Our garage doors are built from steel which is either folded or roll formed, in thicknesses ranging from 0.55 BMT (base metal thickness) to 0.9 BMT. In comparison, some other brands use 0.4 BMT as their thickest steel. All Dominator Garage Doors are made in NZ from New Zealand steel, so you know they are top quality. NZ steel easily outperforms some imported steel products in UV fade testing.
Different doors have design qualities with specific purposes. The attractive ribs on our Futura, Estate and Milano doors provide strength and rigidity across door openings. Valero, Sierra and Nevada boast large, flat panels for a minimalist effect, made from medium to thick gauge steel for superior toughness. The pressed panels of Georgian and Somerset provide a refined elegance that belies their durability.
Pre-painted COLORSTEEL® provides excellent colour performance and scratch resistance, so your Dominator door will be protected from the harsh elements for many years to come. The range comes in 18 great colour options, or if you really want to make a statement or match more nuanced shades, go for powder coating, giving you the choice of over 100 Dulux® Powder Coat colours.
• Ball bearing wheels with a two-piece roll-formed track, allowing the door to run easily and smoothly during opening and closing.
• Full-sized hinges reduce stress loading for consistent operation.
• Bottom weather seal which is soft and pliable, helping to stop leaves and rain coming in under the door.
• Mohair option available to reduce gaps between the door and the door jamb, to keep out the weather.
• Springs designed to exceed the Aus/NZ Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles.
• Factory fitted, muntins and end styles ensure consistent panel tolerances for trouble-free operation.
Dominator openers employ a Tri-Tran™128 coding system that provides enhanced reliability and security by using three frequencies to overcome interference issues. Tri-Tran™128 transmitters also use code hopping technology to generate a new random code from trillions upon trillions of possibilities with each use. You can rest assured with these odds that only your transmitters will open your garage door.
Dominator Advance has a DC powered motor with a torque of 1,200N for doors up to 18.0m2
Dominator Panel Pro has a DC powered motor with a torque of 650N for doors up to 13.5m2